Select Page

Eligibility for Admission

Northwest Louisiana Technical College is an open-admissions College and serves individuals including but not limited to recent high school graduates, current high school and home-schooled students through dual enrollment, veterans, adults seeking a high school equivalency diploma, adults returning to school for a new career or for advancement, and individuals seeking personal development.

Academic achievement testing and/or vocational aptitude assessments are administered for program placement only and are not used in determining admission to the college. The only exception to this rule is where academic achievement levels are required by a licensure/certification board such as a Practical Nursing and Patient Care Technician. Additionally, a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is a requirement for admission into the Practical Nursing program.

Applicants are required to provide proof of residency, selective service registration (if applicable), and immunization records before enrollment. Admission to all programs of Northwest Louisiana Technical College will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.

Apply for Admission

Interested persons may apply online here. Additionally, future students can apply in person at any of the five campuses, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

Applicants should begin the admission process approximately six to eight months prior to beginning a program.

Get started on your new career path today!

Apply Now

Placement Testing

College Placement Testing

  • Valid Identification (Driver’s License or Picture ID)
  • Copy of High School or GED Diploma
  • $30 Testing Fee for first time testers
  • Consult the campus of your choice for the ACCUPLACER testing schedule
  • The ACCUPLACER placement test is required to determine course placement; unless the
    applicant has valid COMPASS, ACT OR SAT scores available.

Students whose placement scores do not meet the minimum levels required by the training program into which they wish to enroll are scheduled into Developmental Studies classes to upgrade basic skills. Health Occupations students must attain the minimum required levels prior to entry into the occupational training program. Upon attainment of the minimum level scores, and at the beginning of the next class, those students may seek admission to their chosen program.

Please visit the Student Services Office for more information about testing.

For more information about placement testing, please visit the Placement Tests page.

Get started on your new career path today!

Apply Now

Register for Classes

Set your goals, and let your advisor help you reach them. Academic advisors give you the information you need to choose a major, set a degree plan, and schedule the classes you need to get to graduation.

Current Students

Seeing your advisor before you register is a great way to make sure you’re on track with your degree plan. And if you receive federal funds, a visit to your advisor is required before registration.

Find Your Advisor

Students are assigned to a faculty advisor who’s well versed in your program’s requirements. To find your advisor, speak to an instructor in your major program area.

When to see an Advisor

Advising isn’t required unless you’re receiving federal funds, but it’s to your advantage to see your advisor anytime you register so that you can be sure you’re on target to meet your goals.

Make the Most of Advising

Come to your advising appointment after checking out your major and its requirements. Know the locations and hours you prefer for classes, and be honest with your advisor so that you get the best assistance.

Log on Louisiana

LOLA (Log On Louisiana) is the online tool used by Northwest LTC students will to monitor their financial aid application, register for classes, review their class schedule, review their account, and access their grade reports and unofficial academic transcript. Important campus dates and announcements are also accessible through LOLA.

New students can register for classes at Northwest LTC in just four easy steps:

  1. Search for your courses in LOLA and make note of the five-digit class numbers for the courses you want to take. This number will be required to complete registration.
  2. Find out when you can register; registration dates are included on the Academic Calendar.
  3. Ensure that you meet course prerequisites; your advisor can help you with this if you are unsure. Prerequisites are typically met through ACCUPLACER Placement Testing or through successful course completion.
  4. Register for classes! At Northwest LTC, you can register online through LOLA or you can register in-person at anyone of our five campuses.

Dual Enrollment

Dual enrollment is defined as a student simultaneously receiving high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward a certificate, diploma, or degree. Northwest LTC provides high school students in its nine parish service area who are at least 16 years of age with Career and Technical Education dual enrollment opportunities. Sometimes the courses are offered on the high school campuses and sometimes the courses are offered at one of Northwest LTC’s five campus locations.

Benefits of Dual Enrollment

  • Enriches the course opportunities for high school students
  • Accelerates the completion of a career and technical education certificate, diploma or degree, which saves students and parents money
  • Enables students to explore occupational interests
  • Promotes rigorous educational pursuits
  • Encourages lifelong learning
  • Enables grades earned through dual enrollment to become part of the students’ permanent college transcript

Want to get a jump start on life?

Register for Dual Enrollment.

High school students who are at least 16 years of age that are interested in CTE dual enrollment with Northwest LTC should contact their counselor for more information. For more information contact:

For Red River, DeSoto, Sabine, and Natchitoches parishes;

Gwendolyn Fontenot

For Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Claiborne, and Bienville parishes;

Lynne McCoy

What’s Next?

After you register, check your class schedule to confirm enrollment; then be sure to:


Call your campus and ask to speak with the Student Services Representative or speak with an instructor in your program of study.

Importance Notice Regarding Tuition Schedule

Learn More

Tuition and Fees